HB Type Aspirator w/6 or 8 or 12 mm Pick-up Straw
Dimensions: Varies by the style
Net Weight: 135 grams
Main Material: Plastic | Polystyrene
Pooter Style: Blowing-type | H-shape
Uses: to collect small insects like white flies, jassids, aphids, etc.
Precaution: Sometimes you might see more dead insects in the collections. You need to press the yellow silicone bulb bit less to exert less pressure at the tip of the collection straw.
To draw insects into the collecting chamber, most aspirators or pooters are designed to suck air through mouth to create negative pressure. Some insects, such as ants and beetles, can emit particles harmful to the human. There are also situations when insects are to be collected from feces or carcasses or from dusty places. Our HB-type aspirators decrease risk of swallowing hazardous particles by allowing insect collections semi-automatically. This bulb operated aspirator eliminates mouth sucking of insects. For more details, please check video instructions.
For accessories, missing parts and replacements please see here
- Type of AspiratorSemi Manual Aspirator
- Battery Power NeededNo
- Convertible to Semi-Mechanical AspiratorNA
- Dia of the Aspiration Straw Opening6 or 8 or 12mm
- Length of Aspiration Straw10 cm
- Collection Tube TypeStraight
- Suitable for Collection ofFor both Insectary, field work
- Suitable for Height5-7 foot height
- Length of the Silicone Tubing60-90 cm
- Regular Cleaning of Collection TubesYes, Only with DD water
- Material usedPlastics + Silicone