The Biogents EVS-style is a newly engineered modular trapping system. The trap is identical in all aspects to the BG-CDC or BG-Pro trap except that it does not have a shield plate on top like CDC light trap. Instead, a metal ring is provided to directly hand to the ceiling to install the trap. Also the trap can be supplemented with dry ice for CO2.
The BG-EVS-style trap provides outstanding advantages and unique features:
For accessories, missing parts and replacements please see here
- High catch rates compared to CDC-style light traps
- Ligth weight and easy to carry
- Can incorporate Sweetscent or Lure Catridge into the trap to catch many more mosquitoes compared to other available tools
- Ventilator: less power consumption, less damage
- Control and monitoring
- Works on the same patented principle as BG Sentinel trap
Contents:1 Complete trap set (includes one Sweetscent lure) without UV accessory, CO2 accessories, and powerbank or a battery.
Please download here installation mannual here. Please note that you will not all of the material that has been shown in the instruction mannual along with the standard trap. You would need to buy separately many of the accessories from the standard supply based on the need. For example, the UV set, CO2 regulator, and Sweetscent needs to be bought separately.
Biogents EVS Style Mosquito Trap - LI-MR-134
- Please do not install the trap under direct sun, under heavy windy or rainy conditions
- Do care to install under shade, probable mosquito resting places, high humid areas with potential breeding sites
- The new trap fabric may give plastic smell which is found to have a repellency effect on mosquitoes. Leaving trap installed for couple of days under open conditions remove plastic stain from the trap
- Please do practice using the trap under contained laboratory conditions before installing them in the field. For this, please first follow step 3 when you are using a new trap. After that, release 10 or any known number of Aedes mosquitoes in side the insectary or closed containment and let the trap installed overnight to catch the released mosquitoes. Count the number caught in the trap and re-work until you satisfy using the trap.