Polydisc SPF disc filters from GE contain a glass microfiber (GMF) and polyethersulfone (PES) stack designed to purify serum and other hard-to-filter solutions.
- High-throughput, in-line prefilters for use upstream of serum filters
- GMF prefilter captures large particles and cell debris while PES stack removes remaining particles and bacteria larger than 1 �m
- Designed to extend the life of downstream serum filters
- Effective for microbiology and tissue culture, immunoassays, virology, and diagnostic controls
- 6 to 10 mm i.d. hose connection
Whatman membranes from GE Healthcare�۪s Life Sciences business offer a wide range of high-throughput, in-line options.
Disc filters for serum prefiltration
Filtering serum requires removing proteins, lipids, salts, and other cell debris. This range of particulate matter is effectively handled with multi-layer prefilters to facilitate downstream work and to avoid clogging later serum filters.
Polydisc SPF stacks a high-flow, hydrophilic PES membrane with a high particle-loading GMF filter to clean out particulates from serum and reduce stress on the final-stage serum filters.