Vivaspin�� spin columns are designed for fast, nondenaturing concentration of biological samples by membrane ultrafiltration.
- High recovery rates ��� Up to 30-fold concentration of the sample can be achieved, with recovery of the target molecule typically exceeding 95%.
- Sample protection ��� the patented Vivaspin dead-stop technology ensures samples cannot be concentrated to dryness and enables direct concentrate recovery.
- Ease-of-use ��� one-step sample concentration in a single tube, for minimal sample handling and reduced sample loss.
- pH compatibility ��� for a broad range of pH 1 to 9.
- High flow rates ��� and minimal membrane blockage through the vertical polyethersulfone (PES) membrane design.
- Minimal protein adsorption ��� thanks to the Vivaspin�� polycarbonate tube design.
- Download the Vivaspin protein concentrator data file to learn more and to determine the right MWCO (molecular weight cut-off) and volume for your enrichment study.
Spin column protein concentration ��� how does it work?
Vivaspin sample concentrators cater to scientists working with sample volumes ranging from 100 �_L to 20 mL, with a range of MWCO values from Mr 3000 to 100 000.
An upper compartment contains sample and the lower compartment separated by a semipermeable membrane. Centrifugation is applied to force solvent through the membrane, leaving a more concentrated sample in the upper chamber.
Tip: To maximize recovery of your sample, select a MWCO at least 50% smaller than the molecular size of the target molecule.