CDC style UV light trap with black light set up for studying insects. The unit has been tested against various insect species and is capable of catching Aedes mosquito in doors. The unit has been constructed keeping in view of field and rugged conditions. The fan assembly is not visible outside which is cased in a ABS shield casing as shown in the picture. The unit has a rain shield to protect unit from rain. The trap is supplied with two insect collection cages which are removables. One cage can be installed and the other can be used to replace the existing cage in the next day to replace the old. No need to work in the field with mosquitoes as the cage can be carried to laboratory and work with the same at convenience. One field bag will be provided to hold all of the items together. One unit of 6v 7ah will be supplied. Recommeded to buy at least two more batteries of same capacity and one powerful, auto-set charger to use the trap convieniently. The other items are need to be purchased separately.
The photoswitch will automatically starts the trap when dusk and poweroff when dawn. The light sensitivity can be adjusted based on the requirement. This assembly is extremely useful when traps need to be installed continuously several days in the field. Four or 5 batteries series connected can power the unit for a straight 5 days and observations can be made once a week.
1 trap assembly with photoswitch | 2 light weight cages | one battery | one field bag to carry the contents
UV light trap on CDC model with Photoswitch LI-MR-47a
1. The trap can be used to work with all kinds of mosquitoes. The trap has been tested in house for its ability to catch Aedes mosquitoes. We have found 90% of total count released were captured by the trap when installed 5 ft from about the ground.
2. Each trap should have atleast 4 batteries and one rated auto-cutoff charger; Two batteries are field installed and two other for using next day.
3. Carry the battery separately apart from the other trap components for safety. The battery might damage or broke other trap parts when carried together in the event of accidental fall of the trap to the ground.
1. Never charge the batteries with wrong volts or amps power chargers. Always, use the charger within the rated power mentioned on batteries
2. Never drop the batteries or the bag containing the batteries as it can damage the seal inside the batteries that separates +/- poles. When wrong power used or damaged batteries charged, a burning smell emits from the batteries. Dispose such batteries and do not use them further