Small to large in size (240 - 960ml) with good visibility, these pint-sized containers are ideal for raising or breeding small colonies of disease vectors in labs with restricted space. These containers are also used to shuttle the mosquito colonies from one place to another. The pint-sized insect pot can serve as temporary enclosures to conveniently restrain insects caught in the field.
The highly breathable screen pre-installed on the donut lid (top snap cap) is of 24 x 24 mesh netting (made of nylon used especially for insect rearing). Tainted screens can be easily replaced with fresh ones (sold separately) or substituted by your own screen materials.
The donut lid of the pint-sized insect pot has a matte surface for penciling notes. To assemble a pint-sized insect pot, simply snap down 3 built-in clips around the rim to secure the lid to the pot.
- Clear visibility
- Unique snap cap feature prevent the escape of disease-carrying mosquitoes in the event of accidents
- Can be to study mosquito biology like mating behavior
- Can be conveniently carried to the field to collect small collections of mosquitoes
- Handy size made these containers convenient to carry to field collection in multiple numbers that can servce to store and distinguish location-wise collections
- Rear field-collected mosquitoes where restricted space prevent using large cages
1. Larval assays: No fear of mixing with accidentally fallen containers since the mesh prevent flowing of larvae along with treated water. The locked lid never come out unless you open the locks
2. Carrying adults: Traditional carrying insects between spaces within the laboratory or between institutions require fastening mesh around the container, which can easily come off with mild disturbances
3. Separately rear field collected larvae until they become pupae so microbial infections will not spread in the insectary from field collected larvae
4. Can be used to hatch larvae till 2 instars. Transfer the grown larvae into rectangular enamel trays
Dimensions: W125 x H49 mm | 240 ml
Dimensions: W125 x H66 mm | 360 ml
Dimensions: W125 x H83 mm | 480 ml
Dimensions: W125 x H114 mm | 720 ml
Dimensions: W125 x H150 mm | 960 ml
For accessories, missing parts and replacements please see here