Small to large in size (240 - 960ml) with good visibility, these pint-sized containers are ideal for raising or breeding small colonies of disease vectors in labs with restricted space. These containers are also used to shuttle the mosquito colonies from one place to another. The pint-sized insect pot can serve as temporary enclosures to conveniently restrain insects caught in the field.
The highly breathable screen pre-installed on the donut lid (top snap cap) is of 24 x 24 mesh netting (made of nylon used especially for insect rearing). Tainted screens can be easily replaced with fresh ones (sold separately) or substituted by your own screen materials.
The donut lid of the pint-sized insect pot has a matte surface for penciling notes. To assemble a pint-sized insect pot, simply snap down 3 built-in clips around the rim to secure the lid to the pot.
- Clear visibility
- Unique snap cap feature prevent the escape of disease-carrying mosquitoes in the event of accidents
- Can be to study mosquito biology like mating behavior
- Can be conveniently carried to the field to collect small collections of mosquitoes
- Handy size made these containers convenient to carry to field collection in multiple numbers that can serve to store and distinguish location-wise collections
- Rear field-collected mosquitoes/insects where restricted space prevent using large cages
1. Larval assays: No fear of mixing with accidentally ground fallen containers since the mesh prevent flowing of larvae along with treated water. The locked lid never come out unless you open the locks - Ideal for Mosquito Larval Bio Assays
2. Carrying adults: Traditional carrying insects between spaces within the lab or between institutions require fastening mesh around the container, which can easily comes off with mild disturbances - The tight snap-locks prevent release of insects accidentally
3. Separately rear field collected larvae until they become pupae so microbial infections will not spread in the insectary from field collected larvae - Mosquito rearing (new mosquito colony estabilshemnt)
4. Can be used to hatch larvae till 2 instars. Transfer the grown larvae into rectangular enamel trays - Mosquito Research
5. Conducting entomological bioassay studies - Could be specifically used to understand ETL levels like locating plant part that is responsible for tolerance or resistance to insect bite.
6. Field collection and carry of insects' samples
7. Rearing and maintenace of small insect colonies that are fastediously grow on live-plants
For accessories, missing parts and replacements please see here
Price is for single unit. Quantity discounts will be applied when quotes requested.