The BG-Suna for professionals is specifically developed against malaria mosquitoes
The new patented BG-Suna trap for professionals is the latest innovation in mosquito traps, and specifically built for the use against malaria mosquitoes, designed as eco-friendly trap for hanging. The underlying patented capture technologywas developed at the University of Regensburg, and is composed of several factors:
- artificially generated air plumes that mimic human skin
- skin odors
- visual cues
- carbon dioxide.
They together attract the mosquitoes, and trap them in a catch bag.
Biogents Suna Mosquito Trap - BGSuna
- Please do not install the trap under direct sun, under heavy windy or rainy conditions
- Do care to install under shade, probable mosquito resting places, high humid areas with potential breeding sites
- The new trap fabric may give plastic smell which is found to have a repellency effect on mosquitoes. Leaving trap installed for couple of days under open conditions remove plastic stain from the trap
- Please do practice using the trap under contained laboratory conditions before installing them in the field. For this, please first follow step 3 when you are using a new trap. After that, release 10 or any known number of Aedes mosquitoes in side the insectary or closed containment and let the trap installed overnight to catch the released mosquitoes. Count the number caught in the trap and re-work until you satisfy using the trap.